Thursday, April 15, 2010

Playoffs?

I couldn't think of a better title than Jim Mora's way too famous quote. Forgive me for being trite. Those Coors Light commercials are so terrible that they make me laugh anyway. NBA....playoffs....hm....

Western Conference

1 Los Angeles Lakers vs. 8 Oklahoma City Thunder

I would absolutely LOVE to see the Thunder beat the Lakers, but quite simply, it just won't happen thanks to higher powers. Led by the NBA's youngest scoring champion in history (and, naturally, a former Texas Longhorn) Kevin Durant, I think OKC should put up a nice fight but...sigh...I don't see these playoffs shaking out like the NCAA tournament. Upset? Sadly, no.
Lakers in 5

2 Dallas Mavericks vs. 7 San Antonio Spurs

It feels so strange to see the ever-consistent Spurs all the way down at number 7, but truthfully, their stars are aging. I think the rematch of last year's first round playoff series will end up with the same result, but expect San Antonio to put up a better fight.
Maveicks in 6

3 Phoenix Suns vs. 6 Portland Trail Blazers

I always forget that the Blazers even exist. But they have a very nice potential in this year's playoffs, particularly with Brandon Roy playing so well. However, I simply cannot bet against the Suns, seeing as Amare Stoudemire is lights out right now, and any athlete (Steve Nash) that's referenced in a Nelly Furtado song should not be bet against. This one will be close though.
Suns in 7

4 Denver Nuggets vs. 5 Utah Jazz

Both of these teams could potentially beat anyone, and YES I mean you Lakers, in the Western Conference. I think the Denver experience and depth makes it a relatively easy series for them. Let's hope J.R. Smith throws down some more sick dunks.
Nuggets in 6

Eastern Conference

1 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. 8 Chicago Bulls

Ok, ok everyone wants to predict the Bulls making this series another spectacular one, a la 2009 vs. Boston Celtics. However, if anyone had a relatively nice amount of money to bet, I KNOW they would not put it on Chicago. This is the only sweep I'm calling. Bye bye Vinny Del Negro.
Cavaliers in 4

2 Orlando Magic vs. 7 Charlotte Bobcats

Michael Jordan is not going to be able to play for Charlotte in the playoffs, so let's stop talking about him. That being said, the Cats will sure miss the traded Emeka Okafor when they have to bang down low with the likes of Dwight Howard. I'll give them one game to be nice.
Magic in 5

3 Atlanta Hawks vs. 6 Milwaukee Bucks

The Bucks have been the surprise team of the year, led by the surprise player of the year, Brandon Jennings. There will be a good fight for this series, but I like the stronger and faster Hawks, with JOSH SMITH to take down Milwaukee.
Hawks in 6

4 Boston Celtics vs. 5 Miami Heat

My only upset of these entire playoffs might shock some out there, but it's really a logical pick. The Celtics are aging, Miami is young, and Dwyane Wade will be motivated to show that Miami should get the first shot at re-signing him. Unless Kevin Garnett throws down 3 million points, watch Miami's speed.
Heat in 7

LOOKING AHEAD:
My finals pick.

Yes, I'm serious.

Suns vs. Cavaliers

Cavs in 6

No comments:

Post a Comment